European Technology and Innovation Platforms and other relevant initiatives which set up strategic research agendas:
- ETIP Bioenergy
- ETIP Wind
- ETIP Deep Geothermal
- ETIP Ocean energy
- ETIP Photovoltaics
- ETIP Renewable Heating and Cooling
- ETIP Smart Networks for Energy Transition (SNET)
- ETIP Sustainable Nuclear Energy (SNETP)
- ETIP Zero Emission Fossil Fuel Power (ZEP)
- Joint Technology Initiative Fuel Cells and Hydrogen
- Public-Private Partnership SPIRE
Within the framework of the European Institute of Technology, the Knowledge and Innovation Community "KIC Inno Energy" links the issues education, research, technology and entrepreneurship within the energy domain.
Due to the high political relevance of the energy theme, the Directorate General for Energy is strongly involved in the design of energy-related R&D activities. In addition, DG Climate Action is concerned with in related subject matters such as emissions trading or low-carbon technologies.