Smart, Green and Integrated Transport 2018-2020
On 27 October 2017 the European Commission has published the Work Programme 2018-2020 containing new calls for proposals in the Societal Challenge “Smart, green and integrated transport”. The overall budget for the 2018 call is EUR 298.6 million. For the calls in 2019 there will be EUR 315.5 million available. The indicative budget for the calls in 2020 is EUR 330.9 million.
The aim of the Societal Challenge “Smart, green and integrated transport” is to achieve a resilient, competitive, safe, resource efficient, climate and environmental friendly European transport system.
Calls for proposals
The work programme comprises the following calls for proposals:
- Mobility for Growth
- Building a low-carbon, climate resilient future: low-carbon and sustainable transport
- Safe, integrated and resilient transport systems
- Global leadership and competitiveness
- Accounting for the people
- Blue growth
- Digitising and Transforming European Industry and Services: Automated Road Transport
- Building a low-carbon, climate resilient future: Green Vehicles
Rules for submission: The research priorities are composed of "topics", which are outlined in detail in the Work Programme and must be integrated into the research proposals. The first topics will be open for submission in the Participant Portal on 31 October 2017.
Submission procedure: The work programme for Societal Challenge 4 comprises topics with one-stage as well as two-stage submission procedures. An overview of deadlines in 2018:
- Deadline for topics with one-stage submission procedure: 4 April 2018
- Deadline for topics with two-stage submission procedure
- First stage: 30 January 2018
- Second stage: 19 September 2018