Secure, Clean and Efficient Energy 2018-2020
On 27 October 2017, the European Commission has published the first call for proposals in the Societal Challenge ”Secure, clean and efficient energy” . The overall budget for the 2018 calls is EUR 650.82 million. For the calls in 2019 EUR 749.28 million will be available. For the calls in 2020 the work programme shows only a list of topic titles and an indicative total budget of EUR 805.38 million.
Activities under this Societal Challenge contribute to achieving the EU’s ambitious Energy and Climate targets for 2020 and beyond and to the creation of an energy system that will deliver a competitive, sustainable and secure energy supply for Europe.
The calls for proposals are structured according to the following research priorities:
- Building a low-carbon, climate resilient future: secure, clean and efficient energy
- Energy efficiency
- Global leadership in renewables
- Smart and clean energy for the consumers
- Smart citizen-centred energy system
- Smar Cities and Communities
- Enabling near-zero CO2 emissions from fossil fuel power plants and carbon intensive industries
- Joint Actions
- Cross-cutting issues
The research priorities are composed of "topics", which are outlined in detail in the work programme and must be fully considered when writing the proposal.
Next proposal submission dates: one-stage submission
- Call opens: 31 October 2017, Deadlines: 31 January 2018 and 13 February 2018
- Call opens: 05 December 2017, Deadlines: 05 April 2018 and 19 April 2018
Two-stage submission procedure
- Deadline for stage 1 proposals: 31 January 2018
- Deadline for stage 2 proposals: 23 August 2018