European Research Infrastructures 2018-2020
On 27 October 2017, the European Commission has published the Work Programme for “European research infrastructures (including e-Infrastructures)”. The overall budget for the 2018 call is EUR 387 million. For the calls in 2019 there will be EUR 405 million available. For the calls in 2020, the Work Programme comprises a list of topic titles and foresees a budget of EUR 419 million.
The Work Programme 2018-2020 “European research infrastructures (including e-Infrastructures)” contains a series of familiar calls, such as INFRADEV and INFRAIA. As in previous Horizon 2020 Work Programmes, they accompany the ESFRI roadmap process and support access to existing research infrastructures. With the addition of the INFRAEOSC call the focus of e-Infrastructures has shifted towards the implementation of the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
The Working Programme comprises the following calls for proposals:
- “Development and long-term sustainability of new pan-European research infrastructures” (INFRADEV)
- “Implementing the European Open Science Cloud” (INFRAEOSC)
- “Integrating and opening research infrastructures of European interest” (INFRAIA)
- “European Data Infrastructure” (INFRAEDI)
- “Demonstrating the role of research Infrastructures in the translation of Open Science into Open Innovation” (INFRAINNOV)
- “Support to policy and international cooperation” (INFRASUPP)