Cluster "Health" 2023-2024
The 2023-2024 work programme of the Cluster "Health" contains calls for proposals totalling approximately EUR 1,531 billion (EUR 1,01 billion in 2023 and EUR 521 million in 2024) over its two-year term.
The calls of the work programme are assigned to the six thematic priorities (destinations) defined in the Strategic Plan, each of which contains several calls. In 2023 calls are single stage while in 2024 calls are predominantly two-stage. The Work Programme also includes calls for European Partnerships
Below you find the six destinations included in the 2023-2024 Work Programme and the corresponding calls:
Destination 1 – Staying healthy in a rapidly changing society (STAYHLTH, budget 2023: EUR 40 million; 2022: EUR 80 million)
- Calls - Staying Healthy (Single stage in 2023/Two stage in 2024)
Destination 2 – Living and working in a health-promoting environment (ENVHLTH, budget 2023: EUR 103 million; 2022: EUR 60 million)
- Call - Environment and health (Single stage 2023 and 2024)
Destination 3 – Tackling diseases and reducing disease burden (DISEASE, budget 2023: EUR 274 million; 2024: EUR 277 million)
- Calls - Tackling diseases (Single stage in 2023/Two stage in 2024)
Destination 4 – Ensuring access to innovative, sustainable and high-quality health care (CARE, budget 2023: EUR 160 million; 2024: EUR 30 million)
- Calls - Ensuring access to innovative, sustainable and high-quality health care (Single stage in 2023/Two stage in 2024)
Destination 5 – Unlocking the full potential of new tools, technologies and digital solutions for a healthy society (TOOL, budget 2023: EUR 214 million; 2024: EUR 50 million)
- Call - Tools and technologies for a healthy society (Single stage in 2023/Two stage in 2024)
Destination 6 – Maintaining an innovative, sustainable and globally competitive health industry (IND, budget 2023: EUR 56million; 2024: EUR 12million)
- Call - A competitive health-related industry (Single stage 2023/2024)
This work programme also includes calls for proposals for the following partnerships:
- European Partnership on Rare Diseases
- European Partnership: One Health Anti-Microbial Resistance
- European Partnership on Personalised Medicine
The opening and closing dates for each call are as follows:
- Calls 2023: opening 12 January 2023, deadline 13 April 2023
- single-stage Calls 2024: opening 26 October 2023, deadline 11 April 2024
- two-stage Calls 2024: opening 30 March 2023, deadline 1st stage 19 September 2023, deadline 2nd stage 11 April 2024
Please refer to the work programme for the topics included in the individual calls. General information on the conditions of participation, eligibility, application and review criteria can be found in the General Annexes of the work programme. Some specific conditions apply to individual topics, which you will find in the box under the respective topic title.
Applications must be submitted via the Funding & Tenders Portal and require prior registration.
Please note: All calls for proposals and documents are available in the Funding & Tenders Portal and only the information provided there is binding.