Inhalt: Home / Collaborative
Research / KBBE
Food, Agriculture, Fisheries and Biotechnology (KBBE)
The primary aim of funding the 'Food, Agriculture and Fisheries, and Biotechnology' research theme is to build a European Knowledge Based Bio-Economy (KBBE).
The program focusses on the following topics:
I. Sustainable production and management of biological resources from land, forest, and the aquatic environment
- Research on the exploitation and sustainable use of biodiversity
- Strengthening of sustainability and competitiveness with decreasing environmental impact on agriculture, forestry, fishery and aquaculture.
- Optimization of animal breeding and of animal welfare in agriculture, fishery and aquaculture
The development of tools needed for the implementation of relevant strategies, policies and legislation to support the European, knowledge-based bio-economy.
II. 'Fork to Farm': food, health and well-being
- Study on consumer behavior
- Research on nutritive factors and dietary habits
- Optimizing innovation in the European food-industry
- Improved quality and safety on catering in Europe
- Protection of the human health and the environment through better research of environmental impacts on, and resistance of, food, i.e. food chains
III. Life sciences and Biotechnology for sustainable non-food products and processes
- Strengthening the fundamental knowledge and the development of novel technology for biomass energy (land and water) as well as industrial purposes
Key Enabling Technologies (KET) more »
Work Programme Food, Agriculture, Fisheries and Biotechnology 2013 [en]