Societal Challenges - Work Programmes
Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime and inland water research and the bioeconomy - 2016/2017
On October 13, 2015, the European Commission has published the new work programme for the years 2016 and 2017 for this Societal Challenge. The 2016 call which will open on October 27, 2015, has a budget of EUR 297.5 million. The budget foreseen for 2017 is EUR 340 million.
Activities under this Societal Challenge aim at securing sufficient supplies of safe, healthy and high quality food and other bio-based products and accelerating the transition to a sustainable European bioeconomy.
The themes covered by this work pogramme are structured in the following four calls:
- Call - Sustainable Food Security – Resilient and resource-efficient value chains
- Call - Blue Growth - Demonstrating an ocean of opportunities
- Call - Rural Renaissance - Fostering innovation and business opportunities
- Call - Bio-based innovation for sustainable goods and services - Supporting the development of a European Bioeconomy
The individual funding priorities are presented as “topics” which are outlined in the work programme and must be referred to in detail in the research proposals.
Procedure: single stage or two-stage submission procedure, depending on the topic
Deadlines for 2016 calls :
- Single stage submission and first stage proposals: 17/02/2016, 17.00 Brussels time
- Second stage/full proposals: 13/09/2016 17.00 Brussels time